ESXDOS aims to be the ultimate firmware for the DivIDE/DivMMC interface. Here's a list of current features:
- DivIDE: Supports HDD/CDROM/ZIP/LS120 devices
- DivMMC: Supports MMC/SD/SDHC devices
- Device and filesystem abstraction layer
- Full FAT16/FAT32 read/write support (no extended partitions, no LFN).
- Virtual Disk support (up to 4 devices)
- Betadisk/TR-DOS emulation using (trimmed) .TRD files
- Provides extended BASIC commands
- BASIC files integration using +3DOS headers for FAT filesystems
- Support for seamless IM2 loading/saving, from BASIC and machine code
- System commands loaded from /BIN dir of system drive
- TAPE emulator supports reading/writing from/to TAP files. TAP attaching functions are available to external programs.
- POSIX-based API usable by .commands, external programs and NMI.SYS. Functions available on rst $08:
open, read, write, close, opendir, readdir, seek, sync, fstat, getcwd, chdir, unlink...
- Possibility of getting absolute LBA sector and device on an opened file (for direct I/O)
- Kernel loads modules (.KO files) on demand
- NMI.SYS support (NMI system is independent, ESXDOS kernel just provides services)
Get the latest version (0.8.9) here!
Email all bug reports to bugs at esxdos dot org or post a report on our board.
The esxdos bios/boot screen
An esxdos cat of a FAT partition
NMI system (by ub880d)
ESXDOS 0.8.8 Public BETA
ESXDOS 0.8.7 Public BETA
ESXDOS 0.8.6 Public BETA
ESXDOS 0.8.5 Public BETA
ESXDOS 0.8.0 Public BETA
ESXDOS 0.7.4 Public BETA (bugfix release)
ESXDOS 0.7.3 Public BETA
ESXDOS 0.7.3 Public BETA with MAPRAM fix
Zilogator's Permutor v0.0